Job Title: Retail Manager
Reports to: Directly to General Manager. Indirectly to the Executive Team
Summary/Objective of Job
The Retail Manager is a highly motivated and experienced person who oversees and manages the daily retail of operations of Get Healthy Inc.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the daily operations of all retail stores including inventory, sales, and customer service.
- Develop and implement sales strategies to increase store revenue and profitability.
- Hire, train and manage all store staff to ensure execution of all daily responsibilities, inclusive of the consistent maintenance of excellent customer service across all locations.
- Manage the creation of staff schedules, to ensure that shifts are adequately covered.
- Ensure that stores are well maintained - clean and well merchandised.
- Monitor and analyze sales trends to identify opportunities for growth and improvement.
- Create and manage Marketing Proposals, including Sales Plans and Promotional Campaigns. Working with the marketing team to ensure effective implementation to achieve successful results, such as a growth in sales and increased store traffic.
- Ensure that all store policies and procedures are being followed, including cash handling, returns, and exchanges.
- Create and manage relevant training and motivational programs for retail staff.
- Manage the introduction of new productions, ensuring staff are informed and trained.
- Ensures that product and/or services problems are promptly investigated and resolved.
- Ensures that all cash registers are balanced daily, offering assistance with investigating to promptly resolve all variances.
- Contributes to the development of effective and efficient Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs); and assists with implementation adherence, monitoring and reviewing of issued standard operating procedures.
- Inventory Management of all retail locations, including monitoring inventory levels in stores; liaises with the Warehouse Team to ensure stock is replenished as needed; and tracks adequate allocation of inventory from the Warehouse to the stores. Ensuring that stores are fully counted as per the schedule issued by Finance, and when a stationed Manager &/Supervisor is changed at a location.
- Ensures that maintenance issues are promptly reported, tracked, managed and rectified.
- Ensures that all occupational safety and health protocols are adhered to.
- Manages the logistics of opening new stores or moving of store locations.
- Contributes to overall Team effort and encourages collaboration across Teams and Departments to accomplish company goals.
- Maintains professional and product knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; etc.
- Assist the Executive team in the creation of new incentive &/ bonus plans.
- Any other related duties.
Team and Process Management
- Actively manages daily store activities, supervises the Team, and allocates tasks as necessary.
- Sets an example and encourages the Team to meet and/or exceed the company's goals and objectives; and to maximize their sales potential on a consistent basis.
- Implements and adheres to company policies and procedures.
- Trains new employees.
- Reviews timesheets submitted by Store Managers/Supervisors on a weekly basis, ensuring timely submission to the Finance Team.
- Oversees performance management process, providing coaching, continuous feedback, and conducting timely and constructive performance evaluations.
- Actively participates in the disciplinary process in accordance with company policy.
- Any other related duties.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent customer management and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Extensive product knowledge with the ability to make recommendations according to customer needs.
- General knowledge of occupational safety and health protocols.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite and other related software.
Education, Experience & Requirements
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience in a similar environment.
- Bachelors' Degree in Management/Business Administration, Sales/Marketing or related field.
- Valid Police Certificate of Character.
- 2 written character references.
Store Manager; Store Supervisor; Stores Team
Position Type & Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are further defined in the Contract of Employment.
Prolonged periods of standing, moving around individual stores or from store to store.
This Job Description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.